Hi there. Smokey P here. My first post, and my first blog! Pretty cool, huh? Of course, all the hip cats out there have a blog. And since I really am the coolest of cool, I decided I should go ahead and do my thing.
The first thing I thought I'd write is about my many names. Uncle Matt (a friend of Mom's) named me first. Since he thought I looked like smoke, he named me Smokey. Pretty cool name. And then Mom had to go and make it cutesy. (You know Moms. Always embarassing us) She added my middle name, Pants. Why? Because she said the shorter fur on the bottom half of my legs made the long hair at the top of them look like pants. She calls me Pants when she's happy, and Smokey when I'm in trouble.
Oh, you think animals don't know their name, huh? Well, when I hear "Pants," I know a treat and a pat might be in the cards. I hear SMOKEY! (Always yelled for some reason) and I know to run.
Anyway. I am a fierce, fashion forward, hip cat. Smokey Pants? Please. That's kitten stuff. So I shortened it to Smokey P. Sounds pretty bad, right? Very cool, very gansta.
And then she met The Man. He'll appear in a later post.
Well, those two got into cahoots and started making up all these new names for me.
Sir Pants a Lot is my Medieval name.
Smokey P is my Gangsta Name, of course. (Coinsidentally, they also decided that my first album would be called "Catnip Gansta." I think its a cool suggestion, but will keep that to myself)
Pantitos is my Mexican name.
Pantski is my Russian name.
Wunderpants is my German name.
How many of you out there have nicknames for your pets? And if so, do they show their displeasure by ripping up an important stack of mail, hacking a hairball up in front of you as you eat dinner, or poop in the middle of your bed?
Until next time,
Smokey P.
No comments:
Post a Comment